Senior Front End Engineer Product (m/f/d)
Flexperto is a software startup in the area of digital communication. Our customers are primarily large international enterprises in the insurance and financial industry. We are headquartered in Berlin, right at the heart of Germany’s tech industry, and currently field 32 employees.
We believe that digital communication between companies and customers is complicated and outdated. Everything that your sales employees have previously done offline, is now also possible online with Flexperto: scheduling appointments, clarifying questions in a video conference, viewing documents together, signing contracts, or communicating with customers on WhatsApp. And thanks to our CRM integration, the entire process is documented centrally.
- Add your voice to product decisions, working with our designers and product owners.
- Plan and develop new features for, and maintain our core services, collaborating with your teammates.
- Take ownership of your work.
- Required are:
- Expert in React, ES6+, TypeScript
- 3-5 years of experience in software development.
- Fluency in English.
- Optional, but nice to have:
- Proficiency in PHP7+, or NodeJS
- Experience with technologies in our tech stack.
- Experience with processes we’re using.
- Must be based in South Africa
The development team is made up of a couple of engineers, a designer, a dedicated QA, and two product managers. We tend to group up into smaller pods by major feature while keeping boundaries between pods loose.
- Our work is influenced by our core values:
- Providing value to our customers, by creating a great product.
- Mutually trusting in each other's abilities and best intentions.
- Team productivity is more important than individual productivity.
- Frequently experimenting with techniques and processes to remove friction and work efficiently.
- Regularly reflecting on past efforts to improve over time.
- Providing an environment of unconditional kindness.
- Prefer communication and conflict resolution over strict processes.
- We work with a set of processes that are, depending on our needs and wants, reviewed and revised:
- Two-week sprints.
- Daily stand-ups, discussing the day ahead, and potential blockers.
- Weekly sprint review and planning.
- Bi-weekly retrospectives, with a focus on team culture, general issues and reviewing processes.
- Weekly tech talks to share knowledge in the engineering team.
- Beyond those ceremonies, we also:
- Create comprehensive software designs.
- Review every story in grooming.
- Conduct code reviews for every pull request.
- Apply a wide range of automatic (unit, integration, e2e) and manual tests.
- Automate our release process through CI pipelines.