Working Student: Graphic/Visual Designer (m/f/d)
What we do
Lykon is an innovative company working in the area of Digital Health Care & Self Tracking. We are defining the Healthcare Industry by developing digital applications to become your personalised healthy lifestyle companion. Our vision is to empower people to live a healthy life. At Lykon, we give personalised recommendations based on blood results to help you develop healthy habits. At our Berlin office you’ll find a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, and people who are highly motivated to create products our customers will fall in love with.
About the job
Are you ready to unleash your creative juices to help our brand and products touch as many people as possible? Are you interested in Design at it’s core and want to help us bring our brand forward? We are in the search of NOT a unicorn but a Graphic or Visual Designer (Working Student) who is eager to apply their design knowledge into shipping high-quality design deliverables reliably and with finesse.
You must have strong visual design skills not limited to digital design, ideally with a giant interest in health and wellness. You will work with our Marketing, B2B, Operations and Design teams where you will have a significant impact in shaping the future of Lykon and health care. To do so, you must be curious by nature, eager to learn and grow, have a problem solving mindset and be comfortable with exploring design options through testing, validating and executing on your concepts.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN A FORMAL UNIVERSITY DEGREE UNTIL AT LEAST June 2022 WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
- Translating creative briefs from various departments into visually stunning outputs that put the users/customers first.
- Create and maintain high quality design deliverables such as flyers, email newsletters, presentation decks, manuals and contextual visual design.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to solve user problems with the ability to articulate design choices and iterate through feedback.
- Further develop and maintain Lykon’s design language, systems, style guides and take responsibility for consistent implementation across various touch points with diligent organisation.
- You are a registered student in the field of Visual Communication Design, Interface Design, Media Design or a related field.
- You embody our Company Mission, Values and live the positive spirit of collaboration.
- Your portfolio demonstrates your solid knowledge of Gestalt Principles of Design, Typography, Colour Theory and Design Thinking.
- You are able to own a project/task and execute them through to completion and evaluation in a reliable and efficient process.
- You are proficient with industry standard tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite (Mainly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), Google Suite, Sketch/Figma and Zeplin.
- You have a working knowledge of the English language. (German language is a plus)
- Bonus: Proven work in producing Print FAs
- Bonus: Proven work in Landing Page Designs through UX and UI best practices
We empower your health!
- You benefit from our internal corporate health programme: Whether it's a free DNA test, blood test or supplements - we support you with an annual contingent to take your health into your own hands.
- On top of that, you get 50% off all Lykon products at any time.
- Your family and friends get 30% off our products.
- You get numerous employee discounts as well as discounts at partner companies such as BECYCLE, Alba Berlin, etc.
We promote your work-life balance!
- You benefit from flexible working hours and location that enable you to better coordinate your professional and private life.
We value our team!
- You will be part of a diverse and dynamic company culture with 20 different nationalities, in which every single person is valued and which is characterised by a teamwork mentality and a positive spirit.
- You will have the opportunity to design a personalised Learning & Development programme together with your manager based on your professional and personal skills.
- You can expect regular performance reviews, 360 feedback sessions, team events, lunch & learn sessions and varied sporting events.
- You get unlimited access to our health bar (fresh fruit, muesli, nuts, superfoods).