Head of HR and Talent (m/f/d)
Atheneum is a global platform revolutionizing market research and knowledge sharing across the business community. Our mission is to accelerate the decision-making of our clients by connecting them to the world’s top professionals and industry leaders. We deliver interactions that generate intelligent insights & creative ideas ensuring our clients can drive their business forward efficiently.
Founded in 2010, Atheneum currently employs 370 professionals in 10 global offices and is rapidly growing as one of the world’s leading global insight platforms connecting over 550,000 experts to strategy consulting firms, investment houses, and global corporations.
Atheneum is at an exciting stage of scale and development on the international stage and is looking for a Head of People and Talent to be an inspirational leader to help accomplish our growth plans. We are looking for an ambitious and proactive HR professional to join the team who can bring fresh ideas to enable further firmwide success. This role will partner very closely with the leaders of the business to build an attractive company culture, solid growth prospects for all team members, and synchronize global processes.
Successful leaders at Atheneum are resourceful, creative, goal-driven, and share a high energy, responsiveness, and a hands-on attitude to accomplish strategies that deliver the best-in-class quality on all initiatives. The Head of HR & Talent will be the key stakeholder for strengthening further Atheneum’s company culture in line with its mission and SEEDS values (Sustainability, Entrepreneurship, Excellence, Diversity, Supportive Spirit), and for recruiting, retaining, and developing our global team in line with the performance goals of the firm. The role is fast-paced with intense communication required along with being able to multi-task across concurrently running projects and create real impact in the organization.
- Leadership: Vocal leader who oozes positivity about the company and who truly likes people, encourages team building, and cares about their welfare. They lead by example and motivate individuals to deliver their very best while providing the needed guidance to be a global sparring partner to all departments.
- Organization Structure and Processes: Drive the growth agenda through establishing an organizational structure and career development processes for scale and fast-paced growth.
- Recruiting: Work with talent team on the recruitment plan, accurately forecast hiring requirements in line with the business plan, keeping a view to the hiring funnel, school management, interview processes, employment agreements, and contracts and continue to improve the employer brand based on relevant benchmarks
- Retention: Make Atheneum an attractive place for people to work and develop best practices for employee retention; help leaders and managers to identify and develop talent; stay on top of latest developments and trends regarding employee retention; develop career trajectory of team members.
- Career Development and Performance Management: Support in the creation of the career development plan for all team members showcasing a transparent trajectory that is rooted in a merit-based performance management plan across all departments, including HR, and tracks performance indicators of the team. Increase organizational effectiveness through a career development plan and organizational structure working in close collaboration with the leadership team.
- Training: Manage and lead the learning and development agenda, alongside maintaining internal and external sources of continuous improvement initiatives to be executed across departments.
- Workplace Wellbeing: Synchronize global processes & protocols for health and welfare benefits, records management, safety, and health (COVID), discrimination, workplace disputes, emergency planning, in light of labor law policies of various countries. Provide guidance to management in resolving complex workplace and employee issues and proactively identify matters of legal and ethical importance.
- HR Management: Synchronize & standardize global office protocols, oversee, and optimize the on-offboarding, feedback and surveys, training, and development, administration, office management. Standardize and automate the records of transactions such as payroll, hires, promotions, transfers, terminations, attendance records, performance appraisal records across the company. Manage and develop a global HR Team of 8-10 individuals.
Work related experience:
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a role of similar scale, complexity, and regional reach, preferably in high growth and fast-paced environments, with experience in leading and developing a team.
- Significant “state-of-the-art” HR functional experience regarding recruiting, retention, and development, alongside profound knowledge of HR processes and policies (payroll, compliance) as well as good knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Power-Point
- Experience in driving organizational development and knowledge of employer branding best practices
Personal Characteristics and Knowledge:
- High mental agility and a positive ‘can-do’ approach
- Entrepreneurial DNA, able to move swiftly from strategy to action, focusing on what can be achieved realistically over a relatively short period of time
- Hands-on attitude, someone who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Highly collaborative, able to quickly establish credibility and trust within the organization
- International track record, can effectively relate to multi-cultural teams
- Strong sense of ownership, readily assumes responsibility for driving effective people performance and development initiatives
- Fluency in English required (C1 or higher), fluency in German is a plus
Here at Atheneum, diversity and inclusion is not just part of our culture, it is ingrained in our DNA. We do not discriminate in any way when assessing applications.